What does the Financial Institutions (‘FI’) Team do in ING?
The FI team covers banks and non-bank financial institutions in Korea, such as securities firms, asset managers, insurance companies, and other institutional investors (pensions, sovereign wealth funds and mutual aid associations). The FI team is a primary relationship contact to the client for their wholesale banking needs, mainly in products ; Financial Markets, Lending (incl. Structured Finance), and Transaction Services.
Key responsibilities include
- Developing business opportunities by offering various products and setting up strategies to manage overall relationships with the clients
- FI team collaborates with other sectors and product partners globally within ING’s Wholesale Banking network (e.g. Financial Institutions Lending, Financial Instituion Transaction Service, Real Estate Finance & Infrastructure Sector, Energy Sector, Global Balance Sheet Distribution, Sustainable Finance etc.) to provide sector/products expertise to FI clients.
What would you be doing?
- Support Relationship Managers in managing portfolio of Financial Institutions clients
- Take initiative to analyze and research into Financial Institutions industries (e.g. bank, securities, insurance etc.) to support regular client reviews.
- Conduct research to support the FI team’s marketing efforts (e.g. prepare presentation materials on FI products, translate research documents)
- Assist Relationship Managers in constructing strategies to expand business opportunities (e.g. preparing business strategy paper etc.)
- Work with Know-Your-Customer (KYC) analyst and Relationship Managers for Customer Due Diligence(CDD) duties
What qualities and skills are we looking for?
We are looking for a passionate individual who meets the following criteria:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (or Master’s degree)
- Strong written and verbal language skills (both English and Korean)
- Proficiency in MS-office applications (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong quantitative orientation and analytical skills
- High motivation and sense of responsibility
- Fast learner
- Positive attitude with strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Ambition to learn about global banking and financial institutions