Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CEnS) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CEnS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Support Engineers (SE) serve as frontline technical resources for Microsoft customers and partners via phone, email or web. They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
Response and Resolution
- Reviews complex issues (e.g., multiple components of a product) and contacts customers to understand issue. Ensures customers stay informed as to the status/solution of their issue. Utilizes troubleshooting tools (e.g., event logs, performance traces) to help resolve customer issues.
- Resolves customer issues through problem solving, collaboration, and research. May take escalated issues as needed. Documents technical work and research.
- Performs in-depth product troubleshooting and remediation when needed.
- Collaborates on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups as needed to resolve moderately complex customer issues.
- Assists in the implementation of end-to-end readiness programs (e.g., mentoring, knowledge sharing or technical document creation, brown bag sessions, blogs, quality assurance checks). Develops readiness content. Mentors new Technical Support Engineers. Develops intermediate level competence on support topics.
- Provides feedback to more senior engineers or serviceability team on functionality of products based on engagements with customers. Provides feedback to the product group for product improvement.
- Identifies potential defects and escalates to more senior engineers to resolve.
- Applies broad knowledge of automated tools being used across other technologies and products. Provides feedback for tool improvement.
- Identifies and provides feedback to address process gaps in an effort to streamline processes and shares best practices broadly.
- Participates in case triage meetings and/or case discussions to share knowledge with other engineers and contribute to more rapid customer solutions. Utilizes learnings from triage meetings to identify and communicate readiness needs to manager or readiness team.
3+ years technical support, technical consulting experience, or information technology experience
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), or related field AND 1+ year(s) technical support, technical consulting experience, or information technology experience.
Korean Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking. English Language: confident in reading, writing and speaking.
- 3-5+ years enterprise support experiences or management experience with deployment, performance and base OS functionality of Windows Server OS & Windows Client OS and their troubleshooting steps.
- 3-5+ years enterprise support experience or management experience with Windows Server OS, Active Directory Service and Windows Networking Service.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, other networking components and Active Directory service and their troubleshooting steps.
- Ability to troubleshoot Active Directory Service based services mentioned above and various performance issues on them.
- Programming skills are useful but not required, e.g. ability to read and understand code written in C, C++, C#, VB, VBScript, Jscript, HTML/DHTML and XML.
- Strong debugging skills desired but not required, e.g. ability to read and analyze kernel/user memory dump by using windbg, etc
- Strong Customer service skills, accurate and logical problem solving, and communication skills, plus the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills – spoken and written with Korean and English.
- Current Microsoft IT Certification preferred (ex, MCSE, MCSA, MCSD, MCT, etc)
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Microsoft Technology Certifications.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
기업 사정으로 조기 마감되거나 내용이 변경될 수 있습니다
기업 사정으로 조기 마감되거나 내용이 변경될 수 있습니다